'Zoom to' layer not working on map viewer

03-21-2022 06:16 AM
Labels (1)
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

I've set up a number of features (simple points and lines) within multiple layers (within group layers) on my ArcGIS Online map. Within Map Viewer, whenever i go to Layer and click on 'Zoom to', I expect the map to zoom in to the small area the features are within (e.g a postcode in London), however the map zooms out to larger than the entire world. When the same is tried on map viewer classic, it works fine.

16 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer map & layers? thanks!

0 Kudos
DaveBrown
New Contributor II
Hi,

Here are screenshots of the the map before and after i click 'zoom to' on a
specific layer, in this case 'mount wellington mine':

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like images were dropped but sharing the content to a group and invite russell_jsapi into it and I can see where the different zoom parameters could be coming in.

0 Kudos
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

Have added you to the group.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks looking into it. Can I ask why you are using feature collections/map notes layers vs. hosted feature layers. 

0 Kudos
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

They allowed me to do everything i needed so i didn't look into hosted feature layers. Is that the issue, if so is there an easy way to convert them all?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Not really - you would have to do Copy - Save Item and publish from the saved item through Map Viewer Classic. This would be on each of the feature collections. The upside this would increase the performance for the viewer also the layer security how to control who can edit the layer is also more fine grained vs. a sketch layer.

Did you create each individual layer through sketch or through importing a layer?

0 Kudos
DaveBrown
New Contributor II

The vast majority through sketches, but a couple through importing layers (population density etc).

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I did a quick tool in Pro to export the graphics to a gdb that I can toss in the group and you can publish and swap the layers out/update the map with a hosted feature layer.

0 Kudos