Zoom to feature from attribute table ArcGISOnline

04-19-2019 09:55 AM
CindyRendl
New Contributor II

Wondering if anyone out there has discovered a way to zoom to a feature in arcgisOnline from the attribute table.  There are occasions where we are viewing data in the table and want to select a feature and zoom to it?  Note:  Sometimes these features are so small you do not see them at the scale of the map.  I am not finding anything:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-office/design-and-use/zoom-to-a-feature.htm

Cindy Rendl

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Cindy,

I hope I'm understanding what you're asking, in which case there is an easy solution. When the attribute table is open in the web map, click on the triple bar icon in the top right and, when a feature is highlighted, click "Center On Selection". See screenshot:

Sometimes it seems to actually change the zoom scale for me, other times it only centers on the selection, but in that case you can just scroll in. Does that help? Alternatively, you could share the web map as a web app. In the attribute table view in a web app, there is an option to "zoom to". 

-Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
CindyRendl
New Contributor II

This totally worked and is exactly what I needed, thanks, I will share with my team here.

Cindy Rendl

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad I could help!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AnthroSys
New Contributor II

Hello.

Does anyone know how to do the same in a Portal for ArcGIS Map?

0 Kudos
AnthroSys
New Contributor II

No worries - Found in Attributes Table Wizard

0 Kudos
NatM
by
New Contributor

Hi @CindyRendl and @Katie_Clark,

Have you found any solution to this using the new BETA map view? I've had no luck selecting features from the attribute tables or finding another way to zoom to specific records. 

Cheers!

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

That is a great question! I know that the new map viewer just came out of BETA the other day...I haven't used it too much honestly. But I just took a look and I'm also not finding that capability. I'm wondering if it was overlooked during development?

@KellyGerrow (or someone else on the team)....do you know if this functionality is in the plans to be added, or if we're just missing it?  Thank you!!!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
CindyRendl
New Contributor II

I just checked and do not see it, that was one reason I flipped back to the old version of ArcGIS Online because this is a pretty standard need. 

Cindy

Jack_Zhang
Occasional Contributor

The "Beta Map Viewer" is no longer in Beta, but "zoom to a selected feature in table" is still missing. This is pretty much the basic and standard capability for any GIS application these days, why the product develop team left it out ?   Yes I could throw the web map to Experience Builder to achieve that, but no I don't feel comfortable yet on Experience Builder as itself has a lot of other issues.