"No Data Found" in ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer after overwrite web layer from ArcGIS Pro 3.1

Jump to solution
04-17-2023 08:17 AM
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer in AGO with 53 sub-layers that was published from ArcGIS Pro 3.1.  After publishing, I changed some of the field aliases in Pro, then overwrote the hosted feature layer from the same Map and aprx project.  Now all of the sublayers show "No Data Found" when I try to view the data in AGO of any of the sub-layers.

If I publish the layer as a new item in AGO, all is normal for all of the sublayers with data showing properly.  This seems to be an issue with overwriting an existing hosted feature layer.

Has anyone experienced this when overwriting a hosted feature layer ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I resolved this by deleting the feature layer from AGO, and re-publishing from Pro.  Now when I subsequently overwrite the feature layer, all of the data in the sublayers appears to remain intact.  I'm guessing there was something corrupted with the original item in AGO.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did you remember to enable the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing we layers" first?

RhettZufelt_0-1681753894908.png

If not, and anything changed, the layers could all have new id's, and existing maps will try to load this by the id.  If not the same, can get the No Data Found errors.

R_

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  Yes, the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs" option was checked, and all the layer IDs remained the same.

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I resolved this by deleting the feature layer from AGO, and re-publishing from Pro.  Now when I subsequently overwrite the feature layer, all of the data in the sublayers appears to remain intact.  I'm guessing there was something corrupted with the original item in AGO.

0 Kudos