Zone Lookup/Internet Explorer

09-26-2019 02:42 PM
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

The Zone Lookup app has definitely been useful (thanks for the release). One of our testers graciously pointed out some issues with Internet Explorer (I know, I know). Our personal preferences are Chrome and Firefox, but since this is a public tool, browsers are wildcards. Is the Esri team aware of and/or is there a workaround to any of the following?

1. There's a "Map" button that only appears in IE, and it opens the app with just the title and the search, but the lookup tool doesn't work.

2. Scroll bar is missing. User is unable to scroll through the results beyond what's shown. Scroll wheel doesn't work either.

3. Open/Collapse All doesn't work.

These are screenshots from the sample app in the Esri blog, so it's not specific to our configuration.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dante Lee‌,

I am seeing similar behavior in IE.

I would recommend contacting Esri Support - they can test the issue in-house and log a BUG, then attach it to your customer number.

Hope this helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Update: Esri Support logged a bug. The devs fixed Items 1 and 3, but there's a new issue with layers containing Arcade expressions.

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Dante,

Glad to hear that part of the issues you saw were resolved. You mentioned that you are still seeing some issues with layers that have arcade expressions. Are there particular Arcade expressions that aren't working, or not displaying? Or is it all arcade expressions?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Thanks - Kelly Hutchins reached out privately and is actively working through the issues. She was actually the one who pointed out the Arcade issue, so it's on her radar. You can test it with this example in IE - the first result is empty, when it should contain some info. I know in our application, I used Arcade FeatureSets heavily if that helps narrow it down.

0 Kudos