Why are values different between configuration and live experiences?

01-15-2020 12:04 PM
LindsayKing1
New Contributor III

Hello all,

On AGOL, we have

• a hosted feature layer that contains information coming from Survey123 surveys submitted by volunteers in the field
  • a webmap that includes that hosted feature layer, with its refresh interval set to 1 minute
  • an #operations dashbord (using the webmap as a source) configured to show up-to-the-minute information from the hosted feature layer.

We've noticed however, that when configuring widgets in the dashboard, we are seeing different values when configuring the widgets compared to what the widgets actually display in the dashboard.  It looks to me like the values displayed during the configuration experience are correct, while the values that display when viewing the full dashboard are wrong.

Here is an example.  This indicator widget is simply meant to show the count of features from the hosted feature layer.  At the time of writing this, the correct number of features is 74.

Configuration experience:

Live dashboard:

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I've confirmed that there is no filter set either in the webmap or in the indicator widget itself.  It's unclear to me why there is this discrepancy in values.  I've also seem similar behavior with serial chart widgets.

Any assistance or insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lindsay

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lindsay,

Do you have any selectors in the Dashboard? These only take effect when the dashboard is saved and viewed, and I'm thinking that maybe this accounts for the large discrepancy: Selectors—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

-Peter 

0 Kudos