Which ArcGIS Online app I should use?

10-10-2023 06:59 AM
Labels (1)
LV11
by
New Contributor II

Hello everyone! 

I am new to ArcGIS online, so I hope You will help me to understand what to do. I would like to make an app where my colleagues can make notes and draw polygon object around at a place of interest. 

So far I have created web map with 2 layers: land units and zoning. My collogues will review the map and they should be able to draw polygons and add notes if something needs to be changed. Maybe I need to create separate layer for this task?

Which ArcGIS Online app would be best for this scenario? Story maps? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColumbusHawks
New Contributor II

Have you thought about Adding "Map Notes" ? 

On your map, click the add data icon and you should see "add Map Notes"  (see below) this should give he users the ability to draw polygons , lines , text etc 

ColumbusHawks_0-1696948604427.png

0 Kudos
ZacharyKasson
New Contributor III

I think it depends on a few things, but if your colleagues are in the field working at the point of interest then Field Maps is the app you would use.

Regardless it would be helpful to create a field in each of your layers called notes. If they are in the office and want to add a point and or note they can do that directly from ArcGIS online and if they are in the field they can add points and notes via Field Maps.

0 Kudos
LV11
by
New Contributor II

Thank you!  I forgot to mention that I have single user license, so no field maps. My colleagues are not familiar with GIS, but I am sure that they can learn to do basics. Maybe Survey123? 

0 Kudos