Select to view content in your preferred language

Where do you find the Recycle Bin?

Jump to solution
10-31-2023 07:48 AM
sworkmanhs
New Contributor II

Hi GIS Community,

I received a notice that on October 25th that we will have the ability to restore accidently deleted items stored in recycling bin. Did this update ever push through? I've searched around my organization page (as an admin) and haven't seen the recycling bin anywhere. Any help or updates would be appreciated.

90gb8cgo2hqb1.jpgThank you all.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMontgomery
New Contributor

they dropped it from the release

"The recycle bin functionality has been removed from the October 2023 ArcGIS Online update. Though we are excited to deliver this long-awaited feature to ArcGIS Online users, we are honoring early feedback from the user community and taking some additional time to meet the community’s expectations. This additional work will include the introduction of tools with which organization administrators can control the organization’s use of the recycle bin."

View solution in original post

Laura_B
Esri Contributor

@sworkmanhs, we are happy to announce that the recycle bin is now available with the June 2024 release.

cc. @pmurphy 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasMontgomery
New Contributor

they dropped it from the release

"The recycle bin functionality has been removed from the October 2023 ArcGIS Online update. Though we are excited to deliver this long-awaited feature to ArcGIS Online users, we are honoring early feedback from the user community and taking some additional time to meet the community’s expectations. This additional work will include the introduction of tools with which organization administrators can control the organization’s use of the recycle bin."

sworkmanhs
New Contributor II

Ok thank you Thomas. That's what I was wondering. Appreciate the response.

0 Kudos
pmurphy
New Contributor

Where are the tools to recover a deleted item in agol, I can't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Laura_B
Esri Contributor

@sworkmanhs, we are happy to announce that the recycle bin is now available with the June 2024 release.

cc. @pmurphy 

0 Kudos