Select to view content in your preferred language

WFS Server, Error saving item definition in ArcGIS Online

06-14-2023 08:14 AM
OGLEngineering
New Contributor II

I am trying to add a WFS layer to ArcGIS Online. Using Add Item-->URL allows me to enter the url and see the available layers.  Whenever I try to save the item I get an error "There was an error adding this item."  My questions are: How can I get more details/information about what is missing or wrong?  Any other suggestions about what I might try?

1. The server is setup for HTTPS.
  2. The WFS server works on other mapping products I have tested.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @OGLEngineering 

Are you able to provide the URL you're using please?

It can also be helpful to take a look at your browser's Developer Tools while you get the error. You can access this by hitting F12. The Console tab sometimes contains a useful error message, or looking at the traffic in the Network tab can give us some more information about the request that's failing too.

0 Kudos
OGLEngineering
New Contributor II
Thanks.  This is what I see in the console window.  I will have to make a sample setup that I can share as the data is client information.  I will post here when I have that.

p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'join') at Se (p-2d792adf.js:5:13127) at p-2d792adf.js:5:31194 at Ke (p-2d792adf.js:5:32810) at dt.handleAddItem (p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5:84353) at dt.handleRequest (p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5:79871)
 handleRequest@p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5
 await in handleRequest (async)  
 navigateToNextPage@p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5
 (anonymous)@p-c03ad373.js:5
 triggerPageTransition@p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5
 onClick@p-bdbc1120.entry.js:5
0 Kudos