Select to view content in your preferred language

Webmap popup not working - no information available

Jump to solution
10-31-2017 08:06 AM
DfIRivers
Frequent Contributor

I have a very simple map service that I want to use in a web appbuilder app.  The service is published on a server with ArcGIS for Server. The URL for the REST Endpoint is: Test/PFRA2Fluvial (MapServer) 

When I add this serice to a new webmap and then enable the popups on the layer within the service, then I can't get the popup to display.... comes back with 'no information available'.

Running out of ideas as to how to fix this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Malcom - answers inline below:

I don't actually need to display all the field attributes, but if I cut it down to just one attribute field configured in the pop-up, then I still get no information returned. 

It looks like all fields are included in the query request even if only one field is configured...looking into this to see if this expected (and why).

Would it help if I used shortened field aliases for the feature class, in the mxd underpinning the service? (and re-published)

Or renamed the feature class in the mxd to a shorter name?

I don't think either of these changes would help in this case. You could look at setting a definition expression to hide fields you wouldn't want in the popup (Shape_length, Shape_area for ex).

Also how do you obtain the query code thats being sent to the server (that you've included in your reply above)?

I used the browser's developer tools to capture the network traffic between the browser and the service. In my case, I used Chrome - you can access the developer tools by pressing CTRL+ SHIFT + i at the same time. There will be a series of tabs..click the network tab and then click on a feature in the map - you should then see the query request being made to the server. It will look something like this:

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, 

It appears the server is rejecting the query to fetch the popup. 

https://mapping.dardni.gov.uk/arcgisra/rest/services/Test/PFRA2Fluvial/MapServer/0/query?f=json&retu...

The above request is redirected by the server to an error page:

http://corporate.nics.gov.uk/nigov-error/ 

The length of the request is what seems to cause the rejection. It's around 1100 characters in the url parameter which is typically allowed in GET requests. If you're able, check into the configuration at the web tier on the server hosting the service - that's where this seems to be happening. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chris,

So... I don't actually need to display all the field attributes, but if I cut it down to just one attribute field configured in the pop-up, then I still get no information returned. 

Would it help if I used shortened field aliases for the feature class, in the mxd underpinning the service? (and re-published)

Also how do you obtain the query code thats being sent to the server (that you've included in your reply above)?

Regards,

Malcolm

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Malcom - answers inline below:

I don't actually need to display all the field attributes, but if I cut it down to just one attribute field configured in the pop-up, then I still get no information returned. 

It looks like all fields are included in the query request even if only one field is configured...looking into this to see if this expected (and why).

I don't think either of these changes would help in this case. You could look at setting a definition expression to hide fields you wouldn't want in the popup (Shape_length, Shape_area for ex).

I used the browser's developer tools to capture the network traffic between the browser and the service. In my case, I used Chrome - you can access the developer tools by pressing CTRL+ SHIFT + i at the same time. There will be a series of tabs..click the network tab and then click on a feature in the map - you should then see the query request being made to the server. It will look something like this:

Cheers

Chris

Giuliana_Miloro
New Contributor

Hi! ¿Hoy are you? 

I wanted to know if you were able to solve this problem, and how, since I am having the same error.

thank you!

0 Kudos