Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Map Goes White After Adding New Layer

01-26-2023 05:06 PM
Labels (2)
HereLA
by
New Contributor

Whenever I add a feature layer I created in ArcGIS Online to a web map the entire screen/map goes white. Nothing I've tried restore the map works and I've had to restart dozens of maps because of this. What is the issue?

11 Replies
ChrisGreen6
New Contributor II

I have had the same problem in Enterprise as well. It happens spontaneously where one or two layers will be impacted. Sometimes removing them and adding them back in works, other times it does not. Has anyone found a reliable solution? I have also tried adding a random layer into the map and then adding the other layers back in but it didn't work.  These layers are hosted on a different server (almost all of my content is) and it seems totally random. The same layer that gets impacted in one map appears fine in another map.

0 Kudos
GISNCC
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have had the same issue and I think what Kylie has mentioned above is the problem - the layer is making the map zoom so far out that the map goes white.  To solve this, I have gone into the settings for the layer in question (for me on Enterprise) and updated the Extent.  Now the layer will display when I add it to a map.  

GISNCC_1-1716500191536.png

0 Kudos