Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Map Forms needs to not load data for ONE field

06-28-2024 05:57 AM
Labels (2)
Jennifer_Parmeley
Occasional Contributor

*This is in our ENT portal - not ArcGIS online, but searching for related terms led me to believe this would be the best place to post.

I am using Forms in a web map/ExB to allow data edits. This meets all of my project requirements and it has been a fantastic solution until I noticed this AM that the form loads previously entered data for all fields. 

It is desired by the program to have this project open to the public for editing. They do not want someone to login. To help ensure the data security we created a "verification code" that will be included in an email that will go out to administrators of the public groups we are targeting. Only one group of the form loads initially. I have conditional visibility set for the next group. This requires the verification code and after entering it the second group loads and "update" is allowed. 

The issue: If you click on a location that has already been updated the verification code is populated in the form already. We want this to work for most of the fields; users are largely being asked to verify data and add special instructions. The problem is if the general public finds this project and starts clicking around - they can then find that verification code and use it to edit any/all data. 

This project has a short deadline and we need a solution ASAP; also putting in an ESRI support request, but any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bbollin
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jennifer_Parmeley, can you please describe your use case a little bit more? In particular, the wanting it to be open to the public for editing but not wanting the general public to edit it.

Is a shared update group a possibility? Also what is the desired outcome, for the fields / values to reset for users not signed in?

Narrowing this down a little might be give me a better idea of where to start 🙂

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, there's a fine line with this one. There will be approximately 1000 people who need to verify information. These are not GIS people and their participation is mandated but not really funded. 
The program does not want to require login (which means using Hub and community accounts isn't an option). They believe this will decrease participation. It will add cost too - not a lot - but this is local gov.

We need to make sure we are getting good information from the public and not leaving the project open for just anyone to edit.

I put in a ticket with ESRI (03662703) and they did a fantastic job quickly responding, but I don't have a work around yet. Some ideas but nothing set.

0 Kudos