Web App sharing Issues

03-21-2019 07:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Greetings,

I am having some difficulties with a web map that I manage and host on a public website. The map has been open to the public for sometime, but two days ago it began asking for the view to sign into AGOL to view the map. I have checked and double checked the sharing settings of the map, the web app, and every layer in the map. I cant see anything that would keep the map from being available to the public. Has anyone else experienced this issues? 

Also, I have a separate web map, on the same website, and it still works for the public, the maps share about 50% of the same layers.

Here is the link to the map

ArcGIS Web Application 

Anything would help

Cheers

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

It looks like there is an issue with the layers DWR_Habitat_Layers_Service, Geology 100k (30X60 Quads), PLSS_Service and Sage Grouse Management Area (SGMA) as they cannot be added to the map.

You say that everything worked fine until two days ago. So, it seems that two days ago something has happened that caused these issues. What could that be?

By the way: two days ago, on the 19th of March 2019, ArcGIS Online has been updated: What's new in ArcGIS Online (March 2019)  

Might this have caused the problem?

This is the error message that appears on my screen just before the systems asks me to login to Utah DNR Online Maps:

HTH,

Egge-Jan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Egge-Jan

Thank you so much! I was not getting the error messages, so I was having troubles determining which layers were giving me issues. 

Michael

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

I had to make a quick screendump to be able to read the full error message 🙂

BTW - please let us know if and when the issues have been solved (e.g. by marking this question as being answered)

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Michael, 

You can check the changes to sharing of layers using the history log. Here is some information about how to use the history log to track changes to items.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2018/09/24/find-events-related-to...

Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Cool! Didn't know about this ArcGIS Online Activity Log yet: Exploring the Organization Activity Log CSV 

BTW - do you happen to know how many questions in the new ArcGIS Online Administration Technical Certification Exam  will be dealing with this Activity Log? 🙂

Cheers,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I don't know if its included but here are some other links to ways to query events through the history api:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2019/03/15/find-user-login-events...

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2019/03/15/find-out-what-a-user-h...

Similar information as the history log, but a different way of querying it.

-Kelly