Select to view content in your preferred language

Visibility issues

02-18-2024 10:47 AM
Labels (2)
RalphBradt1
New Contributor II

I am having trouble with the visibility of a layer I just added to a couple maps. Features appear and disappear at different scales. I updated my survey in Survey123 connect and added it to the map for this year’s data. Data from previous years (and previous surveys) in the same maps do not have this problem. In the visibility setting, the visibility is set to full visibility at all scales. What could be happening?

Scale Visibility
1:577791     Yes
1:288895     No
1:144448     Yes
1:72224       No
1:36112       No
1:18056       Yes
1:9028 Yes
1:4514 Yes

In another map, data from the same source cannot be seen unless zoomed in beyond 1:9028. Also, in that other map, newly added polygon data appears and disappears, but at different scales than the above.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FOMELC01
New Contributor III

This continues to be a problem. The scales at which things appear and disappear are not the same. One point disappears zoomed in at 1:144,448 and closer. Another point in the same layer doesn't disappear at all. I totally recreated the map in a different account, but the problem is still there, although the point which now doesn' t disappear was disappearing in the map on the other account. Some new linear features in a different layer from another survey also appear and disappear at different scales. Both layers with the issues are new, one from an updated survey (Survey123) and one from a new survey.Is there some sort of limit to the total number of features or layers, whether showing or not in a map, that I may have exceeded? 

0 Kudos
FOMELC01
New Contributor III

I believe this was from a corrupted view layer. The points became invisible at all scales and neither points nor attributes were visible when I looked at the view layer alone. So I deleted the view layer, created a new one, and it appears to work correctly. I find this disturbing, but the issue seems to be resolved for now.

0 Kudos