View Layer Data Error

12-14-2022 04:05 PM
Labels (1)
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Feature Layer I regularly update through ArcGIS Pro by replacing the contents of the Feature Layer with updated data. There are additional view layers that filter and symbolize that data for other tools. historically, this has worked great and the data comes over to the views seamlessly.  Lately (the last couple months), I have trouble. When I update the data in the parent Feature Layer, everything looks fine. in the views, however, the data tab says "Data Error" and the Web App using the view layer shows no points. The only way around this is to completely regenerate the view layer (and reset all of the references in the We App to use the new layer), which in a lot of ways defeat the purpose of having a view layer to begin with.

I have not changed the schema at all on the original layer, it's just replaced the data that is there with new data. I have done some searching and can't seem to find a solution to this. Advice on troubleshooting tips or where to go for a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in adavance.

4 Replies
HeatherBell
Occasional Contributor

I am also having a similar issue with a view layer. Now when I try and update the data visualisation I get an error that the layer cannot be updated. It's a real issue for when we are sharing this layer as something which should be 'authoritative' with the public if we have to keep replacing the view layer. 

GIS Analyst @ The Rivers Trust
KKelechenyi
New Contributor III

I am experiencing the same issue.  My joined view layer was working until this morning, and now says 'Data Error'.  I recreated the joined view, and that too says 'Data Error' and will not display any features on the map. Does anyone know if Esri has addressed this issue on a different thread?

Levon_H
New Contributor III

We are currently experiencing the exact same scenario.  No schema changes, no Item ID changes.  We have a parent layer that has many hosted view layers.  The parent layer updates just fine, the View layers are showing "Data Error" when we try to look that their tables.  

This is a recent event, as this update process have been working for months with no issues.  

BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you @HeatherBell@KKelechenyi and @Levon_H for verifying that it's not just me. When I go to update that layer next, I'll have to get some Tech support - unless someone else has an idea... If I find anything, I'll update this post.