I downloaded a FGDB which includes a point layer and 6 related inspection tables from AGOL. In Pro added new names to an existing domain, deleted a field from the feature class that was supposed to be of Data Type Date but was incorrectly created as Text, recreated the field with Data Type Date, tried both overwriting and re-publishing to AGOL and each time the related table Display Names and Field Names show up blank in the Data tab.
I cannot select anything below the Display and Field Names in order to edit the names. Layers show up fine in Field Maps and Field crews can add data but I cannot re-create Arcade expressions because FeatureSetByRelationshipName( ... ) is blank.
Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Some additional info. I found that the forward and backward labels within the relationship class properties are blank in Pro. Not sure if this is part of the issue but this is what the dialog should look like according to online documentation:
And this is what mine looks like (no “Forward Path Label” or “Backward Path Label” option to edit):
However, because Display and Field Names remain blank, I've been able to work around the issue by using FeatureSetByRelationshipName($feature,""). Not ideal but it works in most of my cases.
Thanks, I determined that the only way to solve this issue is to delete the relationship classes in Pro and then create them again. After doing that, I overwrote the existing feature service in ArcGIS Online.
Hi @DEI ,
When creating a relationship class, you can specify the Forward/Backward Path Label. These labels are carried over to the hosted feature layer. This label is what FeatureSetByRelationshipName( ... ) uses to reference a relationship in a feature service.
If you export your feature layer as a file geodatabase from ArcGIS Online, the Forward/Backward Path Labels are dropped, so when the layer is published back to ArcGIS Online, the relationships in the hosted feature won't have the labels initially specified when the relationship class was created.
A defect (#BUG-000149669) has been logged against this behavior. In the meantime, it seems that in the meantime, the workaround is to recreate the relationship class in Pro and reassign the Forward/Backward Path Labels.