Select to view content in your preferred language

View co-ordinate and projections settings for each layer in ArcGIS online

10-10-2022 05:42 AM
Labels (1)
ES_B-HIVE
New Contributor

I have some vector shapefiles (WGS 1984 UTM Zone 30N) which I imported into Arc GIS online and they aligned perfectly with the basemap on the map viewer.

I want to add some raster data which I understand can be converted to a tile layer or KML. I have successfully converted to both these types and imported into the map but the 'raster' imagery was not aligned correctly and was stretched and in the wrong position.

I have done some research and assume the vector layers are being reprojected on the fly to the same projection as the basemap, which is apparently: WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere / VCS: EGM96_Geoid Therefore I reprojected my raster data (raster functions > reproject) to this projection before converting into either tilelayer/KML. (The metadata successfully displayed the new coordinate system). However the 'rasters' were still aligning incorrectly just the same as when they were set as (WGS 1984 UTM Zone 30N).

Any advice on what could be the issue or how I can check the all co-ordinate information for each layer in ArcGIS online?

0 Kudos
0 Replies