Call external URL after survey123 form submit

10-09-2022 10:31 PM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, 

I wish to call a external URL once the form is submitted in survey123. Is there any way to do that ? 

Our current work flow:

1) We have a form which our ground staff downloads and keep it ready.

2) Whenever the staff goes on ground where there is no internet offcourse, they fill up the form and then they click on a link which directs them to another android app which we have. 

3) This custom android app prints the fields through the printer. The reason we are using our custom print app is because offline print doesnt work in survey 123

4) Now the problem happens is user clicks on this link which take user to other app where he prints, it works well. Ideally user should come back and submit the ticket. But he forgets sometimes. 

5) So we thought if we can call our app once the ticket is submitted. So that user dont forget any step.

Hope that clears the doubt.

Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
akshayloya

Let me explore this ? Any idea if it can also help to pass on field and filed values to it ? Also will it work offline? I need offline solution. 

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

When you submit a Survey, you are online. Webhooks trigger on survey submission.

You can do a lot of things with a webhook. They can email, update values, whatever your webhook target can facilitate.

The Esri custom URL schemes can pass to Survey123, from a map or other sources.

Please share more of your workflow and goal if you would like help.

0 Kudos
akshayloya

Have updated the post with the workflow. 

0 Kudos