Select to view content in your preferred language

Vector Field visualizations

07-18-2024 11:57 AM
Labels (1)
mtebbe
by
New Contributor II

Hello, this is a very specific question but hopefully someone will be able to help. I want to create a online map of prevailing wind direction and speed in California--ideally averaged for June-August and December-February over the last ~30 years, but I would take just an average a month too. I found the POWER Montly Meteorology layer in Living Atlas which seems to have the data I need, but I can't figure out how to get it to display as a vector field--the only options are classify and stretch (I have no experience working with multidimensional images and very little with rasters in general). What do I need to do to prepare the data to be displayed as a vector field, and is this something I can do solely in ArcGIS Online or do I need to use Pro?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @mtebbe 

I had a look at the data in ArcGIS Online and I would recommend working with the data in ArcGIS Pro if possible as it will allow you to change the symbology. I may be missing something obvious but I can't see any options in the map viewer. I will update this if I do. 

0 Kudos
l1opazz
New Contributor

This is absolutely, unbelievably amazing. Thank you so much. On a side note, now that you have this, how difficult would it be to develop a 3D one?

0 Kudos