Values in my table that had a less than symbol disappeared and are now blank.

Jump to solution
04-22-2020 09:08 AM
JoannaHahn
New Contributor II

I know they were present before I published the feature layer. It's my understanding the layer must be published in order to use the near me widget in the web app builder. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Joanna Hahn‌,

When you setup your data in ARcGIS Pro what ever you set your field types to be is what they will be when you publish the data.

Fields view—Geodatabases | Documentation - How to modify the fields

ArcGIS field data types—Geodatabases | Documentation  - Field types

If you are uploading a csv using the add item and then turning it into a feature layer, when you add the item to your portal you can set what each field is:

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Ben

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BenTurrell

Hey Joanna Hahn‌,

Are you getting any data in the fields at all? You might want to check what the field type is as well.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
JoannaHahn
New Contributor II

Yes, the numeric data in that column was appearing. And the other columns were fine. I bet you're right. I did updated the data and that seemed to fix it. But in the future how do you control the field type after the fact?

0 Kudos
BenTurrell

Joanna Hahn‌,

When you setup your data in ARcGIS Pro what ever you set your field types to be is what they will be when you publish the data.

Fields view—Geodatabases | Documentation - How to modify the fields

ArcGIS field data types—Geodatabases | Documentation  - Field types

If you are uploading a csv using the add item and then turning it into a feature layer, when you add the item to your portal you can set what each field is:

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Ben

JoannaHahn
New Contributor II

Yes that is the step I missed. How do I check the field types of my feature layer after it's created?

0 Kudos
BenTurrell

Joanna Hahn‌,

If you open the feature layer item you can click on Data ->Fields and see what they are currently set to:

0 Kudos
JoannaHahn
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
BenTurrell

Joanna Hahn

Glad my response helped out. Feel free to @ me in any future questions you have about this sort of thing. If you can please mark my post as the answer it makes it much easier for people in the future to find the solution!

Thanks,

Ben