Using an Arcade Expression Field in Dashboard

09-14-2022 01:47 PM
collegekid_96
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a general question with the functionality of arcade and how its functions can be implemented in a dashboard. I want to create a temporary field generated by an arcade expression and use that in a dashboard. I've noticed at least from my end that it is not possible. Is there aby good practices or documentations for that?

Thanks,

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Specifics would go a long way in helping other users address this question. For Data Expressions, take a look at this GitHub repo: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/tree/master/dashboard_data

Creating a temporary field using a Data Expression is definitely possible, but it will depend a lot on the input data and the desired output. Can you elaborate?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
LuisGarcia6
New Contributor II

Hello, thank you for responding. 

So in essence, let's say I have a field called status. It has values such as the following: "SCHEDULED 9/2021", "COMPLETED 7/2021", "SCHEDULED 1/2021", "COMPLETED 2/2021", "SCHEDULED 5/2021". 

I want to create an arcade expression where the newly calculated field would parse this status field where I can extract the dates value. Then I want to use that field for the dashboard to display some sort of temporal plot.