Use Enrich Layer with years other than 2010, 2019 and 2024?

05-18-2020 09:06 AM
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

So I love the Enrich Layer tool, but I noticed the only years I see are 2010, 2019, 2024. Am I limited in options because I'm using the Enrich Layer tool as it comes with AGO? Is there more selection with something like Business and Community Analyst?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JianLange
Esri Contributor

Hi Emily, 

The Enrich Layer tool uses the demographic, spending, lifestyle, and business data available with Esri Demographics (Esri Demographics | Documentation). The US data is updated annually by Esri to include current-year estimates and 5-year projections of U.S. demographic data. 2010 data is available from the 2010 census.

0 Kudos
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

So just to confirm, even if we had the Business/Community Analyst, it wouldn't allow us to use census data from other years? Maybe some background info would help.

I work for a local county GIS dept and some of our departments are interested in demographic data to add context to surveys they've done. Certain surveys have only been done in certain years and so we'd like to use the census data from those years. Census data is great but it's not easy to work with from the source and Enrich Layer has been very helpful.

0 Kudos
JianLange
Esri Contributor

Hi Emily,

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your previous email. When you use Enrich Layer, and in Data Browser select Population, All Variables, you should see these variables available:

The Enrich Layer in ArcGIS Online and Business Analyst should include the same data variables although Business Analyst includes additional data with reports and Infographics.

0 Kudos