Select to view content in your preferred language

Upload zipped shapefiles from computer to ArcGIS Online content not working

02-27-2019 03:03 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

I have seen this problem started suddenly. I regularly upload shapefiles that I have compressed into a zipfile, by going to "Add item" from the content page. I fill in the title, tags, etc. but when I press "upload"/"ok", nothing happens.

The nature of the shapefiles that I try to upload hasn't changed, and it's always worked fine before.

However I can add these shapefiles from my computer directly from the map viewer in ArcGIS Online, although they are not reflected in the items in "content".

Has anyone experienced a similar issue in the last month (February 2019) or at all? Any advice?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rafael,

Assuming you are using Chrome? If so, can you please try using incognito mode in Chrome to confirm if it works?

Thanks

Scott

RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Scott. Yes, I am. And yes, that did work perfectly! Thanks a lot, top marks!

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Just out of curiosity, why would using incognito help in this case? What was causing the issue?

Thanks!  

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like there's a bug with Chrome. This thread discusses it a bit:

Help adding item (excel) to ArcGIS online 

Esri Support has logged a bug report on this behavior in Chrome:

[BUG-000120154 When using stored passwords in the latest update of Chrome (72.0.3626.109), the 'Add Item' dialog in ArcGIS Online fails.]

However, based on what Russell says in the other thread, we need to wait for Chrome to fix the bug on their end. If you want to track the issue in Esri Technical Support, please contact them here: Esri Support Contact Support 

-Scott

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the explanation, Scott!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos