Select to view content in your preferred language

Webmap Search Resulting Color

02-23-2019 07:21 PM
LarryFox
New Contributor II

I have FFs in my fire apparatus using the search widget in a webmap looking for structures represented by polygons.  The polygons currently have a blue fill color.  Previously, a successful search would result in the polygon's fill turning orange.  I think ESRI made a change somewhere recently which is making my life a little difficult.  Rather than change the polygon's fill color to orange, a successful search now results in no change in the fill color but it adds a light blue line on the polygon's perimeter which looks like a highlight.  The blues are too close and not easily discernible.  Aside from changing the fill color of my polygons, has anyone had any experience with this issue and managed to overcome it?  Here's a link to the public side of my webmap:  ArcGIS Web Application  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Larry,

You do not have control over the selection color of the search results when using the AGOL version. You would have to deploy the WAB Developer version to your ow web server and then you would have access to the code base to make the changes to the search widget to get the returned result to use the orange fill color again.

0 Kudos
LarryFox
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.  I never forced control of the color into the search results.  By default, once the polygon was located, it automatically changed the fill color.  It seems as though ESRI made a change at some point b/c it no longer works as it used to.  I know I didn't make the change.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct, I didn't mean to imply that you did. But as you noticed they did change the behavior and for the most of us we are very happy about the change as an orange fill that we have no control over was quite the hinderance.

0 Kudos