Update AGOL from ArcGIS Pro - Token Access Failure

454
3
Jump to solution
09-27-2019 10:41 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Good Morning. I have been having a specific issue for awhile now and cannot figure out how to resolve it. I have a number of different File GDBs that I started in ArcMap and have recently opened/loaded into ArcGIS Pro. The purpose of doing that is to update my company's ArcGIS Online Feature Layer. I have around 6 different ArcGIS Pro Map(s) for a different GDB that I update/override a Feature Layer in ArcGIS Online. There is (1) GDB/Map that is giving me a constant error and WILL not update. I get an Error that says:

   Unable to connect o portal - token access failure. 

My username and password has not changed and I have no problems updating other map(s)/GDB. The Error Log does not tell me why its failing. 

Any ideas?

I have tried deleting the Feature Layer in AGOL and reshare it with the same issue. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Peter:

   That was my first thought was there was a problem with the File GDB. So, I went through and created a new File GDB and imported the Feature Class(s) into it from the existing GDB (Via Feature Class to Feature Class tool). Apparently, something within the existing File GDB that AGOL's update procedure did not like it. I was able to successfully update the Feature Layer via ArcMap, along with the Python Script collection I have. 

   Still do not know what the problem initially was, but I spent a good day and a half "rebuilding" my working GDB.

Thank You

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Modern Electric‌,

It sounds like the issue is stemming from the FGDB and not the Feature Layer, because after deleting the Feature Layer and trying to publish a new one the issue persists. 

Would you be able to zip your FGDB and attach it here? 

What if you copy the Feature Classes to a new FGDB and try publishing?

Hope that helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Peter:

   That was my first thought was there was a problem with the File GDB. So, I went through and created a new File GDB and imported the Feature Class(s) into it from the existing GDB (Via Feature Class to Feature Class tool). Apparently, something within the existing File GDB that AGOL's update procedure did not like it. I was able to successfully update the Feature Layer via ArcMap, along with the Python Script collection I have. 

   Still do not know what the problem initially was, but I spent a good day and a half "rebuilding" my working GDB.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear that rebuilding the FGDB resolved the issue - thanks for posting how things turned out. 

-Peter

0 Kudos