Understanding ArcGIS vs. Enterprise Login Type

Jump to solution
11-01-2021 05:05 AM
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

I recently ran an ArcGIS Online Report on our organization's members (I am new to this organization).  One of the columns is titled "Login Type."  For the majority of users, the value is "enterprise."  But there are a few where the value is "arcgis."

We have Active Directory connected to ArcGIS Online, so I believe the "enterprise" login type refers to people accessing ArcGIS Online with their Active Directory account.

But I don't understand what the "arcgis" login type refers to.  Can someone help me to understand this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dgiersz_cuyahoga
Occasional Contributor

The built-in users. You'll have at least 1 for the initial admin account, but when you invite members it will ask you how to invite them: you create a username/password for them (built-in account) or they use their SAML/OpenID credentials (enterprise).

#CLE #sloth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dgiersz_cuyahoga
Occasional Contributor

The built-in users. You'll have at least 1 for the initial admin account, but when you invite members it will ask you how to invite them: you create a username/password for them (built-in account) or they use their SAML/OpenID credentials (enterprise).

#CLE #sloth
0 Kudos