Under Map View Settings, changes under 'Web Map' will not save

06-29-2022 02:37 PM
GISJess
New Contributor III

I created a view layer of a map for sharing with a client in a group last week before the update to AGOL. I notice now, that when I go to the Map View settings, and try to uncheck 'Allow others to save a copy of this item', and save, it never saves, and keeps 'Updating item'.

Is this a glitch? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

Hi @GISJess, did you ever get this sorted?

It's happening to me today - was fine previously but trying to change any of the details on the "Web Map" section of the web map settings, it gets stuck on "Updating item...". I've tried clearing cookies and cache, restarting, using a different browser, but none of it makes a difference. Same with any web map I try in my AGOL content.

0 Kudos
GISJess
New Contributor III

I called Customer Support, and the development team is looking at it. They said it is happening randomly. They labeled it BUG-000151089. It only started to happen after they did an update in June. 

The work around I was provided, until they fix the bug, was to change the ownership of the web map to another in your organization, and make the edit, then change the ownership back. But if you don't have another account in your org, I'm not sure what could be done as a work around. 

I suggest giving Esri a call and letting them know you are having this issue as well. When I called, it seemed they weren't aware of this issue yet. So the more people who let them know, the faster it hopefully gets fixed. 

RobertTaylor5
New Contributor III

I am having this same problem.  Occurs in both Chrome and Edge browsers.  Hoping this is resolved soon!

0 Kudos
GISJess
New Contributor III

That's what I experienced as well. I haven't heard anything back from Esri, and it is still occurring on my end as well. I noticed the issue right after the update they did back in June. Try calling their tech support and letting them know. The more people calling them about this issue, the faster they hopefully fix it. 

DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

I reported this to Esri too and it was linked to the same bug as GISJess reported. I haven't heard anything further yet though, and unfortunately the workaround didn't work for me. Hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

GISJC
by
New Contributor

The same thing is happening to me, and still no fix.

0 Kudos
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

I just got an update from Esri on this: "This issue is fixed. Please check after the ArcGIS Online November release." 🙂

GISJess
New Contributor III

I got the same update. 🤞

0 Kudos