Undefined in AGOL . What is the cause for this ?

04-06-2022 04:50 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

As I prepared my layer  and set it up what I wanted. So, when I share this layer to the AGOL. I use my ArcGIS Pro and when I filled it out the "Share As Web Layer" .

My Map in ArcGIS Pro only has a layer with World Street Map

When I clicked on Analyze and yes I know World Street Map has the error but I am not worry about that BUT when I clicked Publish for my layer and it looked like it went through fine with green highlight on the Job Status.

When I went back to AGOL to login again and go to the Contents. I click on that layer that went to published. I click on it to check for Item details and then there is an error showing undefined !! 

What does it mean ? I have looked around a solution for that.

Earlier during the day, it worked fine and then found out I need to fix it again.. So, I delete that layer in AGOL and went back to Pro to work on it and fix it.

What is the possible for this cause ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you provide more detail:

• What layer are you publishing? Feature class? As a hosted feature layer?
  • Screenshot of analysis results prior to publishing. 
  • Screenshot of the error
  • What do you mean by "found out I need to fix it again"

Most layer loading errors won't occur after bring published from ArcGIS Pro. More likely to see them if you're uploading Excel files etc.

It could be that you have something in ArcGIS Pro that is not supported after publish. Grouped layers in map viewer classic or an app. 

It is all guesswork without having more information on the workflow, when the issue occurs, and what the issue is.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @ChristopherCounsell  for replied my post. When I read your message, the first thought was the feature class.  Yes it is a feature class, however, I found out from AGOL that it said something to do with the HTTPS. I then spoken to the AGOL Administer for our agency .  

Also, I found out that if it is a File Geodatabase, you can zip it and then upload to an item in AGOL. 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have been tirelessly to try and find some solution to this. Even though I look it up on ESRI, there is none to it and what was the reason for that. I am trying to nail it down so I don't run it happen again in the future.

It is really hard to know

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you provide more detail? It is not clear how you have published the layer.

Did you upload as a file geodatabase? 

What do you mean it is related to https? That doesn't make sense.

Very hard to help without detailed information and steps.

Are other layers impacted? If no, what was different in this publishing process? 

If publishing process was the same, what is different about this data? 

Uploading as a file geodatabase is not the best method to publish. Can you try again from Pro?

0 Kudos
MarkoPetran_Baloković
New Contributor

Got email to "edit" my reply. LONG LIVE CENSORSHIP!

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

So, yes it is hard to know BUT  I work for our government agency and just maybe they have their layers we use.  So I emailed to the person who is the AGOL admin. He says he suggest me to use their own layer instead of me upload on my layer I get from their layer. They have their SDE layers that I exported from to both shapefile AND File Geodatabase. So.... and also my supervisor had the same issue. I told her to use File Geodatabase and zip it in and Upload. It works for both of us.

One thought is there might one thing I am thinking is the HTTP. The agency had that in HTTP before ESRI decide to use HTTPS.   I am not really familiar with that....

Stay tune !

0 Kudos