Unable to upload my layer package

06-18-2010 10:02 AM
MichaelHewitt
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to add a layer package.  The file is approximately 250 MB.  The upload process just seems to keep rolling.  I even left it go overnight.  I came back the next morning and it had some error "invalid token".  Is there a limit to what can be uploaded to ArcGIS.com?  If so, I cannot find it. 

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
MichaelHewitt
Occasional Contributor
I was able to create a few layer packages with only 1 shapefile each.  Uploading the layer package of 1 shapefile works.  I can download it and it opens in ArcMap.  Not a problem working with layer packages made from 1 shapefile. 

When i try to create a layer package of a group of shapefiles (anywhere from 2 - 5 shapefiles), it doesn't work.  I get an error that tells me to check my settings.  I don't know where to check settings.....no dialogue available and i am not sure where to change settings (if possible in 9.3.1 service pack 2). 

I am trying to create and upload a layer package of at least 5 shapefiles (a mix of points, lines and polygons) to arcgis.com and possibly my website.  This way I can have a "lite web version" and if they need more, my constituents can get the CD version.  I haven't been trying to group in the ArcIMS layers anymore, because they aren't giving me a problem. 

I may just give up until the bugs are worked out.  This is taking more time that it's worth for us right now.  We should be getting another computer soon to replace the one that was taken and I believe we will be getting ArcGIS 10 soon.  Thanks for the help though. 

Michael
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Michael,

Sorry we couldn't figure this out. Let us know if you have problems with the new machine/software.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
danielfenner
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem myself.  I can't create a layer package of more than one shapefile.  Is there a solution yet?  Thanks, Daniel
0 Kudos