Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to edit hosted feature layer views with editing enabled

05-11-2023 07:34 AM
Labels (2)
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to create views for 9 layers. Even though enable editing is turned on, I am still unable to edit in the map viewer and in field maps. I am still able to edit the original layers just fine and I am able to view the REST API for all layers so I don't believe the layers are at all corrupted.

Is there any workarounds to this that doesn't involve republishing all 9 layers that are actively being used with sync enabled.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you turn on "Enable editing" in the layer's Properties dialog in the map viewer?

editing.png

0 Kudos
luckachi

@KenBuja  

Screenshot 2023-05-11 112430.png

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you query the views as expected?  Also, are the views empty, or does a query actually return records?

Did you create the views using the web interface, or using the REST or Python APIs?

0 Kudos
luckachi

@MobiusSnake 

View was created from the source hosted feature layer main page. View is not empty, it contains the 2 features that are supposed to be there. I can also query just fine (query by site ID name) using the REST service.

luckachi_0-1683823579797.png

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

There's a bug I know of that can happen if you create a view on an empty service but from what you're describing it doesn't sound like that (you wouldn't be able to query).

0 Kudos
luckachi

I also tried to create a view using a hosted feature layer with almost 2000 records and I experienced the same issue. 😫

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you checked whether the fields themselves are editable?

editable.png

0 Kudos
luckachi

Yes, all fields within the source layer are editable. The source layer is being used in a different web map for field maps and a Web AppBuilder application with zero issues. 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you check that in the hosted views also?

0 Kudos