Trying to embed ArcGIS Online Web App into another website

Jump to solution
10-25-2022 02:58 PM
JOHNOakey
New Contributor

Hello!

My school group is working on a routing application for a non-profit food delivery organization. The organization aims to provide healthy food to people that don't have access to it. But their system for assigning what drivers delivery to which recipients is antiquated, so that's where we come in. So far, we've created an ArcGIS Online web application, which allows them to create routes for drivers and assign a group of recipients to drivers. The primarily problem we have right now, is making the app accessible to their organization. We think we may be able to get them an Esri license so that they can access the app through ArcGIS Online. But we wanted to do more than just that. My first idea, was to get an HTML code snippet to input into their website. I followed this article: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/embed-maps-groups.html. But when I click on share, for the app and maps, the option to "Embed in Website" does not show up. I made sure that the sharing was set to "public" for the app and all the underlying maps. Not sure what the problem is. I've attached a screenshot below. Has anyone else had this issue? Or does anyone have any general advice/suggestions on how to tackle this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielMiranda2
Occasional Contributor

Open the web map in Map Viewer Classic. While in Map Viewer Classic, there is a share button. That button will take you to the page that lets you embed in a website. It does not work in either Map Viewer or from the Map's item page.

After you get the HTML code for the map, the document you linked has a section about how to switch it to the app.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielMiranda2
Occasional Contributor

Open the web map in Map Viewer Classic. While in Map Viewer Classic, there is a share button. That button will take you to the page that lets you embed in a website. It does not work in either Map Viewer or from the Map's item page.

After you get the HTML code for the map, the document you linked has a section about how to switch it to the app.