Select to view content in your preferred language

Tile package publishing in AGOL - size limit?

Jump to solution
03-24-2015 09:28 AM
PeteCrosier
Frequent Contributor

Hi, is there a size limit for publishing tile packages previously uploaded (via the 'Share package' geoprocessing tool) to AGOL?

My progress has stopped at "Tiles - 58.36% of the tiles are available" and clicking 'manage' to get more details gives me..

Total: - 875,355 published tiles - 1,500,002 total tiles - 58.36% published - 927.42MB storage used

.. selecting one of the incomplete scales and selecting 'publish tiles' changes the status to say "Tile publishing in progress...", AGOL thinks about it for a while, then it goes back to saying "Current Status" without actually publishing any more tiles.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PeteCrosier
Frequent Contributor

My last attempts to get publishing to complete have all failed, none of the workarounds worked for me.

0 Kudos
MelanieRosenberg2
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, and when I tried to re-upload the TPK, AGOL complains it is too large so I have to go through the desktop. FYI, I cannot use ArcGIS Server. Is there another way to accomplish this without using up credits and avoiding the bug? None of these solutions are working for me.

0 Kudos
JssrRR
by
Frequent Contributor

Melanie,

I also did not use ArcGIS server for the last tile package I published, and it worked fine, got all the tiles published on AGOL.

Did you check out Yovav Zohar​  blog:

Create Cache and TPK without ArcGIS for Server - Workflows for Desktop users

and follow the second option, share as tile package and  do not forget to use FULL EXTENT in ArcMap. and follow the steps here to  enable ArcGIS Runtime tools:

How to create a tile package—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop