Theme options missing in Web App Builder

06-03-2019 03:21 PM
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

The theme options have been missing in the Custom Web App Builder.  They are only missing in new custom web apps, when I go to edit an older one, the options are there.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Are there any errors presented in the "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS" console window?

0 Kudos
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert, thanks for asking.  No, I am not currently seeing any errors.  I am using organization themes but they have not produced a problem before.  It is confusing though because the error is only present when building new apps but is not present when opening apps that are even a couple of months old.

Maybe the new AGOL update changed a parameter?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

I personally have not seen that issue. Without some error message to go off of, the only advice I can give is to call esri tech support.

0 Kudos
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert.  That is why I posted here, so hopefully someone from ESRI can respond.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

Posting on GeoNet is not a support option. You need to call esri tech support.

0 Kudos
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your advice Robert.  I know ESRI team members monitor the post and have received responses from them in the past.  After all, its a GeoNet community for things like these

0 Kudos
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

David,

Thank you for reaching out! Below are some questions I have for you:

• Are you using Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online or Portal? Or are you using Web AppBuilder Developer Edition?
  • If you clear your browser cache and create a new Web AppBuilder application, do the themes appear?
  • Have you tried using different browsers? If so, does this issue occur in more than one browser? 

I look forward to your response!

Joe 

0 Kudos
David-Semitekol
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe and thank you for your email.

To answer your questions:

• I am using Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online
  • I cleared my browser cache and created a new web app and the problem still persists
  • I only have access to 1 browser in my organization: Microsoft Edge Build 44.17763.1.0

The last web app that I built that did not have the issue was on March 12

The issue first appeared on a web app that I built on May 13

Thanks!

JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

David,

Thank you for the response! 

I just loaded up Microsoft Edge (build 41.16299.1004.0) and did not have any issues accessing the themes of a new Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online. Since you only have access to one browser, something I'd recommend would be to login to ArcGIS Online at home or on a different wifi to see if you notice any difference in functionality.

Is there any way you'd be able to get access to Chrome or Firefox in your work environment?

Cheers,

Joe

0 Kudos