Select to view content in your preferred language

Switching ArcGIS for personal use to Creator type for business

09-04-2023 08:43 AM
hefesanti
New Contributor

Hi community!

This is my first post. My question is simple: I would like to switch my current ArcGIS license for personal use to Creator role for business, but I need to be 100% sure all my data will remain as it's now.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks,

Santi

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @hefesanti 

First of all, welcome to this wonderful community of Esri users!

Please, check the instructions on Activate subscription on the Online help pages on how to do it. 

Also, according to the documentation FAQ for ArcGIS Online:

• If you join an organization with an existing public account, content (web maps and apps) will be migrated into the organization.

In addition, have a look at Activating an ArcGIS Online subscription with a Personal Use License, which is an article from the Technical Blog put together by our friends from Esri Australia, an additional excellent resource for all things Esri.

I hope the above information is of use.

Miguel
0 Kudos
hefesanti
New Contributor

Hi again @MiguelParedes ,

I've read in fully attention all info in the links you suggested but despite being very clear I'm still panicking. Can you please confirm 100% all ArcGIS links will work perfectly once I swap from personal license to business one? I'm wondering if during the "migration" process my LIVE links will change so viewers could be affected.

Thanks again for your reply and help 🙂

Santi

0 Kudos
hefesanti
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply @MiguelParedes 🙂

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @hefesanti 

Would you please elaborate on what you mean by "... all ArcGIS links ..."?

I cannot confirm anything 100% since I have not done the migration myself, but if you really do not want to take the risk, I would strongly recommend raising a support case with your local Esri distributor.

Hope the above is of further help.

Miguel
0 Kudos
hefesanti
New Contributor

Morning Miguel,

sorry if I'm not explaining the case correctly. I've already got 20no. important maps I'm sharing through the relevant ArcGIS links; just as an example have a look to this one:

https://volker.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=10223f6822a647d5ae24e05d3b201a05

If this "exact" link does not remain as is now after the change of personal to business license I will have a problem.

Can you please guide me how to contact my local Esri distributor?

Thanks,

Santi

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @hefesanti 

The webpage you provided a link to is from an ArcGIS Online organisation account already; the organisation belongs to VolkerWessels UK Ltd, with its URL starting with Volker.  So it is no longer a Personal account.  The way you can tell this is an organisation account is because of the form:
https://<organisation_name>.maps.arcgis.com

Volker Wessels seems to be based in the UK. Is this the case?  If so, the distributor will be Esri UK Ltd.

You seem to be interested in the Utilities realm so please go to Electric and Gas Utilities page and/or Water page.

I trust that will be of assistance.

Miguel
0 Kudos
hefesanti
New Contributor

Thanks @MiguelParedes ,

I bought this personal license one year ago as a trial for my company / organization so all details I gave are related to VolkerWessels as you mention.

I've planned buying the creator license this Wednesday "hoping" everything will remain as it's now.

Thanks again 🙂

Santi  

0 Kudos