Select to view content in your preferred language

Style changes on custom vector tile layer are not appearing in web map viewer classic

Jump to solution
01-11-2023 12:51 PM
Labels (1)
NSamu
by
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

I am trying to update the style of a custom vector tile layer in web map viewer classic and the style changes are not appearing in the map viewer as I make changes. Is there something that I need to do in order to see the changes?

Thanks,

Nicole

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

That is what I used to modify my vector tile layers published with share tab,  web layer, publish web layer, in Pro.

Also, there should be a link from the tile layer details page to the editor as well:

RhettZufelt_0-1673471473196.png

Not sure what permissions are required as I am in as admin.

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I believe you want to go to the Vector Tile Style Editor to make the changes.

RhettZufelt_0-1673470608989.png

R_

0 Kudos
NSamu
by
Regular Contributor

Rhett, that's what I thought at first but it appears that this only works on ESRI vector tile maps and not user-generated tile layers.

0 Kudos
NSamu
by
Regular Contributor

Okay, thank you--you just helped me connect some dots. The editor that wasn't working for me looks exactly like the one that you mention. I just accessed it from within Map Viewer Classic instead of the link you point to on the item's details page in AGOL. Oddly, I tried again and now it works. So, problem solved, I think:) There is another vector style editor called the exact same thing but with a different interface and different capabilities--that's the one that I initially thought you were talking about (snapshot below). 

NSamu_0-1673532305387.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

That is what I used to modify my vector tile layers published with share tab,  web layer, publish web layer, in Pro.

Also, there should be a link from the tile layer details page to the editor as well:

RhettZufelt_0-1673471473196.png

Not sure what permissions are required as I am in as admin.

R_

0 Kudos