Select to view content in your preferred language

Source of water data in ESRI background map

Jump to solution
a month ago
Kunaro
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a specific background map ESRI offers for GIS applications. For some countries it seems like there is very detailed river and canal data. Is it possible to share it (I look for Vietnam) or tell me where to get?

Cheers

Kunaro

A fellow GI researcher

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Koen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey @Kunaro,

Very interesting question! I went ahead and found the items details page for this basemap. In the description I was able to see that there were a few links to data sources in the description section. 

The Data Sources for Dark Gray Canvas raster basemap and other Esri Basemaps 

You are able to do your own more detailed search in here and the items details page. From my own search, I was able to find this Environment Surface Water and Label which is global map of rivers and lakes. These are all Owned by Esri and that is likely not able to be changed but I hope I was at least able to send you on the right path. I hope this helps. 

Something I came across on my search was the Community Basemaps Contributors, which shows everyone that has contributed to our basemaps worldwide. 

Feel free to reply if you have any clarifying questions.

- Koen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Kunaro
by
New Contributor

Hi Koen,

thanks for the kind help. My own search did not result in any further insights. So, I guess I have to look for another source.

Cheers

Kunaro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Koen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey @Kunaro,

Very interesting question! I went ahead and found the items details page for this basemap. In the description I was able to see that there were a few links to data sources in the description section. 

The Data Sources for Dark Gray Canvas raster basemap and other Esri Basemaps 

You are able to do your own more detailed search in here and the items details page. From my own search, I was able to find this Environment Surface Water and Label which is global map of rivers and lakes. These are all Owned by Esri and that is likely not able to be changed but I hope I was at least able to send you on the right path. I hope this helps. 

Something I came across on my search was the Community Basemaps Contributors, which shows everyone that has contributed to our basemaps worldwide. 

Feel free to reply if you have any clarifying questions.

- Koen

0 Kudos
Kunaro
by
New Contributor

Hi Koen,

thanks for the kind help. My own search did not result in any further insights. So, I guess I have to look for another source.

Cheers

Kunaro

0 Kudos