Signing In to Software and Apps with Enterprise Logins

Jump to solution
03-04-2014 03:57 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
We have implemented ADFS as the identity provider for Enterprise Logins in ArcGIS Online for Organizations (AGOL).

With enterprise logins, we cannot ???Sign In??? to AGOL on:
- ArcGIS for Desktop
- ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop
- ArcGIS App for Smartphones/Tablets

When will we be able to ???Sign In??? to AGOL in the applications listed above with enterprise logins?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
For Desktop this is what I do:
ArcGIS Administrator > Advanced >Manage Portal Connections > add and then enter your full URL for your organization and then choose to connect to this new URL and save the change. When you launch desktop and choose to sign in you will see the option to use your enterprise login or your ArcGIS.com account like the Collector app. I am not sure how you would do this for Explorer. I would post this question in their forums.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The ArcGIS for iOS/Android app does not support enterprise logins. The Collector app does support enterprise login but require a web form to enter the credentials in. You will need to have the app pointing directly to your org url http://orgname.maps.arcgis.com and then you will see to options to use your enterprise login or ArcGIS.com account. Choose the option to login with your enterprise login and not through your ArcGIS.com account and then enter your credentials into the web form.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

As of yesterday we were told according to ESRI tech support as reported in this bug, NIM097491  and tests we have been running ADFS on does not work on the Collector app. Can you help to Clarify?

Thankx

Frank

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

ADFS Enterprise logins will work in the released version of Collector 10.2.5. I will update the NIM and close it out.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

OK, I have sent a note to the tech however our tests indicate a successful login using our Corp AD account on AGOL via browser, IE and Firefox, and “no” successful login on Collector 10.2.5 using same account. We are presented with the option to use the account in Collector but never given a form based window to put any credentials. The app just spins and eventually returns to the Collector splash page. Are we missing some expected behavior?

Thankx

Frank

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using iOS or Android? Are you able to sign in using the browser on the device?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

Ok, well after some review of the ADFS configuration on our network and your posting that the "bug" should be closed as well as successful ADFS logins we have determined that our ADFS is not exposed externally. We are now reviewing this and hoping to apply the required changes. I will followup with our final verdict but anticipate the logins to work once the ADFS is open externally. I am glad I reached out to you since the ESRI tech closed the case pretty much immediately due to the NIM Error still being open.

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

We have corrected our ADFS configuration and can now access our services without issues inside Collector. Since we are using a reverse proxy on our network this required additional IIS permissions to be set correctly allowing internal and external access to the AD stores. Again thanks for following up since ESRI Tech support had incorrect information on the bug.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for updating this thread.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
BrianCulpepper
New Contributor III

Frank,

Thanks for posting this, it's given me hope that this may be our Enterprise login configuration may not be 'fully exposed' (via Shibboleth) and this may also be our issues with Enterprise Log-in's and ArcGIS Collector.

I've not found much discussion on this issue but if you have any additional leads regarding the

configuration of Enterprise Log-in's to function within ArcGIS Collector (particularly when using Shibboleth) then I will be sure to pass that info along to our Security team.

thanks much

brian

0 Kudos