Sharing arcgis online map without the recipient to log on

Jump to solution
05-03-2023 11:23 AM
Labels (1)
KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Dear all:

I know similar questions have been asked billion times but is there any quick turnarounds for sharing the online map (Map Viewer) from our organization without the needs for the recipient to log-on? I already set the sharing level to "public", but even when I forward the link, the recipient still directed to the log-on page.

Providing them log-in info is cumbersome & we only intend to share our map to a few recipient outside of my organization. So what kind of setting should I adjust?

Many thanks & appreciate your input!

Ken

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have no problem sharing maps/apps that don't require logon.  However, the map and all the data referenced in it need to be shared to public as well.

R_

View solution in original post

KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Maybe I figured out: I need to get the proper link from the content page (not copy from the http link). It will ensure (at least for my current need) that the Map View link I share will no longer prompt the user to log-in.

To see what I mean, I attach a screenshot & circle the "link"

A side note, when I click the "share map" on the Map Viewer (Classic) it usually have a pop up window AND include a LINK which allow me to copy & paste. Not sure why that feature is disappeared on the recent form of "Map Viewer". I can only get that link on the content page. 

Ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have no problem sharing maps/apps that don't require logon.  However, the map and all the data referenced in it need to be shared to public as well.

R_

KFung_TLC
New Contributor III

Maybe I figured out: I need to get the proper link from the content page (not copy from the http link). It will ensure (at least for my current need) that the Map View link I share will no longer prompt the user to log-in.

To see what I mean, I attach a screenshot & circle the "link"

A side note, when I click the "share map" on the Map Viewer (Classic) it usually have a pop up window AND include a LINK which allow me to copy & paste. Not sure why that feature is disappeared on the recent form of "Map Viewer". I can only get that link on the content page. 

Ken

0 Kudos