Shared Update for Groups

Jump to solution
05-17-2022 03:22 PM
Labels (1)
AnareMOTOKULA
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have recently created a group in my ArcGIS online account. However my issue is members that I have added to the group cannot edit whatever content I have added to the group. Also meaning we are looking everywhere for the "shared update" option or anything that resembles this but cannot find it. Would appreciate some help to understand where this option is available. I have also attached an image of the options that are available when creating a group.

Thanks

Anare

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The ability to create shared update groups is an administrative privilege. Your admin will either need to create and own a shared update group for you or create a custom role with that privilege enabled and elevate your user role. 
User types, roles, and privileges

- Jen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Anare,

It seems this option is only available when first setting up the group. When you create a new group, you'll see this option in the menu (scroll to the bottom)

Katherine_Clark_0-1652879953887.png

Best,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AnareMOTOKULA
New Contributor II

Hi Katherine,

As you can see in the attached image I dont even get that option.

ses.PNG

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The ability to create shared update groups is an administrative privilege. Your admin will either need to create and own a shared update group for you or create a custom role with that privilege enabled and elevate your user role. 
User types, roles, and privileges

- Jen