Select to view content in your preferred language

Selecting Feature in Web Scene Layer Shows Selection Outline Underground

Jump to solution
08-03-2023 07:07 AM
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

In both local and global web scenes, the selection of a building feature results in an underground outline of the feature that is distracting to the user. Is there a way to prevent this?

GBacon_0-1691071592236.png

12 Replies
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Gert. Your presentations at UC are always very informative! 

If the 3D Basemap's tool output symbolizes the buildings with a procedural rule, then that is probably what happened. I didn't check that a couple months back and don't remember exactly what the output looked like. Is there a .rpk file I could go back and use in Pro to symbolize the buildings without the stroke and republish? Maybe it came with the solution download(?)

Here is a material fill I was hoping to use but the problem remains. Now I know that my replacing the building in the center with my own model somehow didn't pick up the stroke and that is why is has no outline.

GBacon_0-1691581220509.png

0 Kudos
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

I turned off the stroke layer on my procedural rule symbology (output from solution task) and then converted to multipatch using the Publish Buildings Layer task. If possible, it might be good to have the task add a step for modifying the symbology before converting to multipatch.

The published features do not show the underground selection outline anymore. Thank you for your help.

GBacon_0-1691690641172.png

0 Kudos
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

I found the project and saw the two layers in question:

GBacon_1-1691585657185.png

Geoprocessing history says I ran Layer to 3D Feature Class on Buildings_Extract_Roof_Form to create Buildings2018LiDAR multipatch.

GBacon_2-1691586232035.png

I see that the Publish Buildings Layer task converts multipatch to feature class; I don't know why I didn't run that instead. Would that have modified the procedural symbology to avoid the outline issue?

GBacon_3-1691586339151.png

0 Kudos