screening widget not working

Jump to solution
08-30-2021 10:50 AM
Poornima
New Contributor II

Hello all - I am stuck with creating an app for one of my project. I am having issues with the screening widget in the app. The widget is working fine in the preview. But the app is not giving me the option to "save" anything and I think because of that when I launch the app the screening widget says incorrect configuration. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Please do let me know if you have a solution for this. 

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I would try building another app with screening widget in it from scratch as that app might be corrupt at this polint.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Is this being done in AGOL or Portal?

0 Kudos
Poornima
New Contributor II

its being done in AGOL. 

So here's the screenshot of my preview after i am done with edits. And the widget is working 

Poornima_2-1630349379425.png

I am noticing that "save" option is grayed out. 

Poornima_1-1630349343254.png

Once I launch the app - the screen widget will quit working. It acts like I havent done any edits.

Poornima_3-1630349457808.png

is it because none of the edits are being saved? if so - why is that? i am the only one who has access to this app. 

i noticed somewhere that widget wont work if the arcgis datastore version is 10.6 or older. I am using a 10.2 version. does that matter?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

A few more questions:

1.) Are you getting any error messages in the ArcGIS Server logs as you talk about the Data Store?

2.) When you say edit, do you mean data that is being used in the app or do you mean saving the app itself?

0 Kudos
Poornima
New Contributor II

1 - i am not getting any error messages. Everything else is working fine too. 

2. By edit I was talking about editing the widget in the app and saving the app itself. 

0 Kudos
Poornima
New Contributor II

i also tried to add another widget. it shows in the preview but when i launch the app it is not there. 

so i am guessing this is because the app itself is not saving any of the edits?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I would try building another app with screening widget in it from scratch as that app might be corrupt at this polint.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How do you know building another app will resolve this issue?  The reference to 10.2 might not allow you to use this widget at all.  I would log an incident with ESRI tech support to get a more definitive reason on why the screening widget is not saving for you.

0 Kudos
Poornima
New Contributor II

So I did recreate the app and it allowed me to use the widget!!! I guess the app was corrupted. 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Poornima
New Contributor II

that's what I was afraid of !!!! 

Thank you for your input. 

0 Kudos