Screening Widget for Vector Tiles or Vector Tile Packages

03-13-2019 12:09 PM
Jonathan_Molineaux
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that will need to screen data from multiple high density vertex feature layers in a web app (using the screen widget). The reason for why these feature layers contain high density vertex feature layers is because I am clipping to a fairly high resolution coastline. I already know about the workaround that involves uploading the feature layer as a vector tile and having the feature layer running in the background of the app. This works OK to a degree, however I would love to be able to just screen directly from the vector tile if possible. I applied an index to my vector tile which allows me to click on and view pop-ups. If the attribute data is inside the vector tile, shouldn't the screening widget be able to read it? I know the screening widget can only read feature service or map services but it would be nice for them to be able to screen vector tile and/or vector tile packages if possible. Has anyone else had similar experiences and/or know of a better workaround for this? I was thinking that there may be a custom widget that someone has developed that can screen vector tile files. Thanks for any and all help!

0 Kudos
0 Replies