Select to view content in your preferred language

Scale going from Pro to Online

04-03-2023 07:13 AM
Labels (1)
vg11
by
Regular Contributor

I am in the process of taking layers / map from Pro and publishing to Online. I am using Pro 3.1 and Map Viewer. I have gotten all my layers but the base that I use in Pro, is custom and just a parcel layer that we essentially use as a base. I shared as a web layer, as a feature layer. I tried sharing as tile and couldn't adjust my labels once I got it into Online. I need a way to share this layer, keep it as my basemap and maintain the scale. I am attaching photos for reference. On Pro, when I zoom in, nothing changes size or location. When I zoom in on AGOL, everything appears to change size, which appears to adjust location. On AGOL, I do not have 'adjust size automatically' enabled. When I do enable it, it makes the scaling appear much worse. 

I need my AGOL map to look and function exactly like AGOL. Is this possible? Am I missing something? Please help. 

1 Reply
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

One possible solution would be to create a tile package of your custom layer in ArcGIS Pro and then upload it to ArcGIS Online as a tile layer. This would preserve the scale and appearance of your layer when viewed in Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online. 

Create Map Tile Package (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos