Select to view content in your preferred language

Scale-based sizing for label not working in ArcGIS Online (duplicate labels)

09-01-2024 06:19 PM
AmandaPutri
Emerging Contributor

Hi All,

I have been having duplicate label issue when using scale-based sizing for label in ArcGIS Online (I found no issue when viewing the web map in ArcGIS Pro). 

I have a feature service, called Sections in the web map, which is basically displaying a boundary of land parcels group. I created two label classes to display the section numbers at a different zoom levels, as below:

• 1st label class (APPROVED) is set to display the labels with the scale range of 0-4505.
  • 2nd label class (APPROVED_LRG) is set to display the labels with the scale range of 4506-36111 

However, the labels from both classes appear when I zoom in to the 4505 scale, result in duplicates. As can be seen from the screen shots:

AmandaPutri_1-1725239518784.png

AmandaPutri_2-1725239603678.png

Has anyone encountered similar issue or found any workaround to deal with such issue? 

Thank you. 

3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share your map I can take a look. You can share it to a group and invite russell_jsapi to it. 

0 Kudos
AmandaPutri
Emerging Contributor

Hi @RussRoberts, thanks so much for looking into this.

Here is the link to the public web map. The layers of interest's scale settings have been set up to test the duplicate labels issue (layers: ACTGOV Playground Assets and Sections).

AmandaPutri_0-1725420492825.png

Thank you.  

Disclaimer: The web map is using authoritative, open ACT Government datasets but the web map was created for testing purpose only. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks, I can see the issue and looking into it. As a work around I bumped the max scale for the SML class to 4700 and that removed the issue and I couldnt spot a drop in labeling when viewing it through a web app and changing scale. 

https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=4e875a0cbb79409697c724e1d9283c19

0 Kudos