Reporting map service errors

02-05-2013 06:12 AM
MattMillard
New Contributor II
How does one report a suspected data error in a map service?

Matt Millard
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you mean one of Esri's map services, like our basemaps? Post it here. If it's a map service of another organization, you'd have to contact that organization directly somehow.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
S-KeithMouselFCM
New Contributor

I have a base map from ESRI showing a road in North Citrus County Florida that should end.  However it does not and connects to a road that it should not connect too.  The Road is N. Fauci Pt.  and should end at private property.  Landowner is having trespass issue due to this.

SKeithMouselFCM_0-1645729839682.png

Should be like this on your openstreetmap open source map.

SKeithMouselFCM_1-1645729928766.png

Landowner would appreciate a fix to this.

0 Kudos
MattMillard
New Contributor II
Yes it is an Esri map service, Mike.

In east central Alberta, there is a Canadian Forces Base called Wainwright. Where I spotted the error is in the World_Street_Map provided through services.arcgisonline.com. The extents of the Base in the map service are larger and differently shaped in comparison to a couple of different data sources available through our provincial government's data provider.

Thanks.

Matt
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Thanks, I've passed along your comment. These things take a while to actually make it to our production servers. We pass comments along to our data providers and they review and update as appropriate. The data has to get into their updates first. When we receive updates, we will periodically update our services.

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you spot errors in the map, you can also report them in the following feedback maps.
Imagery Map Feedback
Street Map Feedback
Topographic Map Feedback.

Your feedback will be reviewed by the ArcGIS Online team and considered for a future update.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos
VilmantasAlekna1
New Contributor III
whether there is the same opportunity to report discrepacies for Light Gray Canvas Basemap?

If you spot errors in the map, you can also report them in the following feedback maps.
Imagery Map Feedback
Street Map Feedback
Topographic Map Feedback.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Vilmantas Alekna,

There isn't a specific item in ArcGIS Online for reporting feedback on the Light Gray Canvas basemap, so you can just post what you notice in these forums.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
VilmantasAlekna1
New Contributor III
Few labels and data errors that impede my daily life regarding Light Gray basemap 🙂
appreciate, if will be taken into account, maybe over next cache update.

http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?present=f5128edb6bc34003a9ce37a84acf4542

Thanks,
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Thanks for the feedback.  In many cases, updates to the data have to go back to the data provider before you'll see a change in the cache. So the turn around time can be longer...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos