Select to view content in your preferred language

Removed Fields Returning When Publishing

269
1
Jump to solution
06-06-2023 08:36 AM
Labels (1)
NormBetland
Occasional Contributor

I have to admit that I am quite stumped by this one. I took a parcel layer of mine that had many many fields and I exported it as a new layer, and in that process I removed around 80% of the fields. With my new layer, I created a map in ArcGIS Pro, added one new field and then published it as a web map to ArcGIS Online. 

The layer in the online map, has ALL of the fields I removed and does not have the new field I added. I have checked and double-checked that I am using the new layer I exported and not the original. I have opened the Data tab and looked at the table of fields in ArcGIS Pro. Only the fields I want exist. 

I am at a complete loss as to why these old fields that were never exported to this layer continue to show up when I publish the map online. Can anyone think of something that might be causing this?

EDIT: When I open the web layer from the map and look at the Fields in the data page, it only shows the fields that are supposed to be there, same thing when I open the map through the portal in Pro. So basically when I set up the pop-ups in the map viewer, though, I only see the fields that originally existed before the export.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NormBetland
Occasional Contributor

Well I solved it, sort of. When I opened the map in Map Viewer and clicked the fields tab in there, I noticed that the fields were correct, but not in the pop-ups. So my hunch is that there was some pop up configurations that were a hold over from the original layer. When I cleared out all the pop up settings in the Map Viewer I was then only able to add the correct fields. I didn't realize that pop-up configurations would export. So I am marking this as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NormBetland
Occasional Contributor

Well I solved it, sort of. When I opened the map in Map Viewer and clicked the fields tab in there, I noticed that the fields were correct, but not in the pop-ups. So my hunch is that there was some pop up configurations that were a hold over from the original layer. When I cleared out all the pop up settings in the Map Viewer I was then only able to add the correct fields. I didn't realize that pop-up configurations would export. So I am marking this as resolved.

0 Kudos