Select to view content in your preferred language

relationship on incremental field that is not objectid

04-04-2023 01:59 PM
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor
I had a problem when publishing a file geodatabase that contained a relationship between a layer and table that was based on an OBJECTID field. Related records would show up fine in ArcGIS Pro, but once I published it, the relationship always indicated 0 related records for every record.

After playing with this for a (very long) while, and since on this page it is suggested maybe to use another field then the OBJECTID, I created a new field in my layer, calculated this field based on the OBJECTID, recreated the relationship and everything was ok on AGOL. Yay!

Now I would like to make this new field also autoincrementing/sequential. I know I can do this when I calculate  the field, but how can this process be automatic when a new record is added? Ideally this would work in ArcGIS Pro and AGOL, but if not possible, only AGOL and I will manage with the rest.

I realize from my searches that it does not seem possible to do this on AGOL, but maybe something that is setup in ArcGIS Pro that is linked to AGOL? Ideally not with a scheduled task because I would need to leave my laptop on.

It could also be a different field with different values and I'll recalculate that new field and the foreign key field.

Or if this is not at all possible, I'll use the OBJECTID field for my relationship as intended, but I would need more info on why this is problematic and publishing it fails.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
0 Replies