Related records don't display in new Map Viewer but do in old Map Viewer

02-07-2022 07:13 AM
Labels (3)
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to figure out why one of my web maps is unable to access the related table. When I open the webmap in the old map viewer, I see the "Show Related Records" at the bottom of the popup, however, when I open the same webmap in the new map viewer this does not exist.

I do have another webmap that contains a layer with a related table and it works just fine with the new map viewer.

I would really like to avoid re-creating the table/layers/relationship...

55 Replies
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor
10.9.1 works with map viewer classic only. Fixes to AGO as far as I know are still being addressed.
0 Kudos
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

This thread started in Feb, 2022, so almost 2 years ago!  I know this is the AGOL forum, but this issue spans AGOL and Enterprise.  Last I heard, there was a way to "View" (only) related records in a map pop-up in AGOL Hosted Features.  Nothing about editing, adding, deleting, attach child to another parent, M:M and Feature to Feature relationships, etc. in Enterprise still.  We are stuck in 10.9.1 and Viewer Classic in part because of this issue.  What happened to using relationship classes in an Enterprise RDBMS? geodatabase in web maps/apps?

0 Kudos
Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

So the AGO November 2022 updated dropped last night and I saw this

Trevor_Hart_0-1668111145722.png

However my excitement was shortlived

Trevor_Hart_1-1668111178560.png

BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Still no support for related records data in an enterprise geodatabase then, huh?

Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

Im guessing no. However I was thinking that perhaps this caveat is just there while its on ArcGIS Online (since the majority of data would be "hosted" on there). So perhaps whenever this makes it to Enterprise it would support normal feature services.

0 Kudos
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor
It works in old map viewer and was not a priority in the first upgrade to new Viewer. It would also seem to not be fully included in the new one, but I am already hearing of relationships to a flat table are only ones semi-working. Also extremely upset about not porting the app to enterprise where the relationships are managed by Database until potentially 11.1 or later.
0 Kudos
DarrylAlbert
New Contributor III

That's pretty unbelievable. It's a sh!tshow. 

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

Last I heard, they were "supported" to some extent in AGO, but will not be patching Enterprise 10.9.1.  It may show up functioning at 11.1 or later... Not helpful at all with my situation for years to come.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/rolling-out-related-records-in-map-v... 

From that article: 

What’s next?

Browsing related records in pop-ups is only the tip of the iceberg for the work we have planned for related records in Map Viewer. Here are a few of the areas we’ll be focusing on in future releases: 

• Viewing related records in pop-ups for non-hosted feature services
  • More visualization options for related record elements 
  • Viewing related records in the table 
  • Editing related records using forms and tables
  • Perform actions like navigate to, and edit from the related feature in the pop-up
PaulGiroux1
New Contributor III

Hi Andrea - Is there a roadmap that I can access for when these features you listed will be available, particularly "editing related records using forms and tables" and "... edit from the related feature in the pop-up"?