Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster Analysis

08-28-2024 10:40 AM
JavadRobatjazi
New Contributor

Hi all, I have the raster file for 12 soil orders (Alfisols, mollisols, Histosols,etc) and alsol for 3 different land types (cropland, pasture, forest). I measured the Nitrogen content seperately for both above-mentioned soil types and land use types. I am wondering how I cant get the Nitrogen contents now for all soil types WITHIN each land use types now?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarmisthaChatterjee
Esri Contributor

Hi Javad, I am Sarmistha from the Spatial Analyst team at Esri.

I am trying to understand the problem you are trying to solve here. If I understand correctly, you have 1 raster with 12 soil orders, and another raster with 3 land use types. You have calculated the nitrogen content for both these rasters. Next you want to calculate the summary statistics for nitrogen content for all soil types, within each land use type?

To calculate the summary statistics for nitrogen within each land use type, use the Zonal Statistics or the Zonal Statistics as Table tool, depending on the output you need. The Zonal Statistics tool will create a raster output and the Zonal Statistics as Table tool will create a table output. Specify the land use raster as the zone input, and the soil type raster with the nitrogen content as the value raster. Specify an appropriate statistic for your analysis, and run the tool.

0 Kudos