Select to view content in your preferred language

"Update View" not displaying newly added fields in feature layer

03-25-2022 08:57 AM
IanGallo
Regular Contributor

After updating a freature layer via S123 connect, I cannot add the new fields to a view layer that I have been using with this project. The fields just don't show up in the "Update View" tool in AGOL. When I create a new View Layer from the Hosted Feature Layer, the new fields are available for use. Any way to fix the original view layer? It's a pain to recreate the view layer and remap all of the services that use it. 

Not sure if relavent but one of the changes I made when adding new fields to the feature layer was enabling attachments on one of the related tables. 

Will likely reach out to support on this and am still in the testing phase of this project but it would be great to know what to do if this ever comes up again in the future as this project will have a long lifespan. Any advice would be appreciated. 

14 Replies
ZoevdbAT
Frequent Contributor

I will keep that in mind! Thanks Josh

0 Kudos
IanGallo
Regular Contributor

@jcarlson Will take your advice in the future and see how that goes. Thanks!

I am a newer user and this is a bit of a frustrating theme with some attempts by Esri to makes things more user friendly in AGOL - the tools provided in AGOL don't work as intented or are unreliable which is not user fiendly at all! I would much rather be forced to learn how to do it the right way the first time instead of spending hours troubleshooting to learn that I just need to use a slightly more complex but way more reliable process in Pro instead of the AGOL based tool.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi @IanGallo have you solved?

I am replying in order to see if someone has something new to say.

It happens randomly and I can't figure out whether there is something wrong from my side.

I have a hosted feature layer with new fields and 1 view is used in a complex system of apps. I can't risk to lose everything by creating a new view.

All the other views can see the new fields (a couple of them where created at the same time with the one that doesn't work.)

I can't understand!

0 Kudos
ZoevdbAT
Frequent Contributor

The only update that I have is that there are more people who struggle with this Re: Hosted Feature Layer view can't be updated wit... - Esri Community

And that it probably is a bug. 

We should file a report. 

- Zoë

0 Kudos
Esteban_Leguizamo
Emerging Contributor

I'm not sure if you are still having this issue but I did come across it. While I was updating some workflows I needed a new field that had to be populated. I ran a SQL calculation and when I went to go update my filter criteria I noticed that the field count increased. I checked all my view layers and every single one can now populate. 

Very odd but wanted to drop this off here in case anyone else has this issue. I am now setting a new field that can be used to just run a quick SQL calculation in my workflow if I need to add a new field. I replicated this with another feature layer and it worked. Hope this helps anyone else.

0 Kudos