Select to view content in your preferred language

"Optimal Authentication Strategy in ArcGIS Hub Applications: User Groups vs. Multiple Interfaces"

09-14-2023 01:02 PM
Labels (3)
SebastiánMonsalve
New Contributor II

Hello ESRI Community, I'm currently in the process of developing an ArcGIS Hub application that requires authentication, and I find myself at a crossroads when it comes to choosing the most efficient strategy. Specifically, I'm debating whether to create user groups or develop different interfaces to manage authentication effectively. The primary goal is to strike a balance between security, user-friendliness, and manageability within the ArcGIS Hub application. Here are some key considerations: 1. User Experience: I want to ensure a user-friendly experience for our application's users. Which approach would be more user-centric and intuitive - creating user groups or providing distinct interfaces tailored to different user roles? 2. Administrative Efficiency: On the administrative side, I need a solution that is easy to manage, particularly concerning user access control and permissions. Which strategy allows for efficient administration and oversight? 3. Scalability: As our application and user base grow, I want to ensure that the chosen approach is scalable and adaptable to future needs. Which option is better suited for long-term scalability? 4. Security: Security is paramount. Which strategy aligns best with industry best practices for securing ArcGIS Hub applications? If you have experience or insights into building ArcGIS Hub applications with authentication, I would greatly appreciate your input. Please share your thoughts, experiences, and any best practices you've discovered for effectively managing authentication in this context. Your guidance and expertise will be invaluable in helping me make an informed decision. Thank you in advance for your contributions to this discussion!

0 Kudos
0 Replies